View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009, 12:06 PM   #3
Dizzy-Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio View Post
How about one of those inexpensive cargo trailers?

That would solve the problem of toting the 'scope and no doubt come in handy for all sorts of other projects. If I were required to live my life without a truck, I would definitely have to have a cargo trailer.
Yes, I have considered that, but by the time you purchase a cargo trailer that is weather tight and large enough for the Jeep Liberty to fit into, the total weight (and cost) gets pretty high. Maybe not for a rich man like you (hi hi). Being that I am going on 67 years old and don't have any retirement from anyone (except S.S.) and the little I put together on my own, I have to pinch my pennies.

If I sell my home and property and go full time with a larger motorhome that has a larger hitch than the 5000 lb. hitch that my Class-C has, I will opt for the larger cargo trailer. Even then, it would be nice to have the big scope break down small enough to put in the Jeep to get places the MH will not go.

I am going to lay the scope out in one of my CAD programs and see what it looks like and what options I have to convert it to a truss design. The last thing I want to do is ruin it. I guess I could sell it and purchace a truss design telescope.

73's and thanks for the suggestion,
Dizzy-Dick is offline   Reply With Quote