View Single Post
Old 05-28-2014, 05:14 AM   #7
wa8yxm

Send a message via AIM to wa8yxm Send a message via Yahoo to wa8yxm Send a message via Skype™ to wa8yxm

That was the consideration when I installed there. The ability to shut the door and not bother the XYL.. alas, that is no longer a consideration but.. Short but true story.

My first contact as a Novice was a Government employee by the name of John Quincy Adamas SR (No, I'm not that old and I do not know if he was a ham).. His wife's name was Virginia..

Well he had two walls of the bedroom lined with ham gear, transmitters on one wall, receivers on the other, and the switch to transfer the antenna from one wall to the other in the corner. For 40 years Virginia complained about all that "JUNK" in the bedroom

Finally Quince built a garage,, and made it large enough he moved all his ham gear out there, Put up a tower and everyting, Very professional looking install...

Well Quince and many of the other folks from that area attended an annual "VHF Picnic" out on the shores of Lake Michigan, in Allegan County. And of course he brought his wife along... SHE WON A DOOR PRIZE (A small pocket transistor AM/FM broadcast radio)

So a while I'm shopping for QSL cards at the local card printers and he has samples on his wall.. Virginaia Adama (And I knew the address too)... Yup, now it was HER "Junk" on two walls of the bedroom.
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote