Thread: No oven??
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 06:52 PM   #12
WD8QBQ

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG5UN View Post
We don't have a convection/microwave, just a plain-Jane microwave.

I am thinking if I can find one that fits in the existing space that a convection/microwave will be the way to go as this rig has an extremely small kitchen space with virtually no counter space.
Look at Sharp on the web. All along I am under the assumption that you will want to be building it in, so to speak, at least getting it off the counter and hopefully above the range top, then bingo what you said about counter space gave me a duh moment. What exactly do you want?
The units I am familiar with must be vented to the outside and they double as a cook top exhaust fan. Sharp convection microwave and for that matter other brands are pricy. I hope you will not give up. Remember to amortize the cost over many tasty and convenient meals over the years. If you are not feeling competent in a "do it yourself" installation there are many companies that will do the work for you. Be careful in choosing a shop, there are many bad ones out there. Not trying to scare you, but I have heard many sad stories. Continue to discuss your feelings for us to help you in your endeavor.

A picture is still worth a thousand words so show us what you have to work with and we will give ideas and opinions. There is a wealth of knowledge and experience available to you if you wish to tap into it.

JIM
WD8QBQ is offline   Reply With Quote