Thread: weather
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2016, 09:26 PM   #4
electricflyer

I lived in Denver for a year when I was going to NCR's service training school. I remember one morning it was -25 degrees.and that afternoon it was 40 degrees above. We didn't have any money back then so in the winter we went to a grocery store and got some large cardboard boxes and opened them up and went up in the mountains an slid on the snow on them, the day we moved into Denver they had a hail storm (pea sized) that left 3' of it on the roads on the south side of town. It rained every afternoon at 3:15 for ten minutes and then clear skies. They have terrific lightning storms in Denver, one of the reasons the older section of Denver has no wooden structures because there was no central fire department, only volunteers and the stone structures prevented any fires started by lighting from spreading. Another little bit of trivia, back when I was there (1961) there was no water meters on any homes and there were a number of water companies that billed the water by the month. They all have meters now.
electricflyer is offline   Reply With Quote