View Single Post
Old 10-09-2015, 11:21 PM   #7
electricflyer

I belong to the ARES group in Carroll County, GA. As a part of ARES we operate the ham station at the Tanner Hospital in Carrollton. Since very few hospital employees are hams we volunteer our services should there be a emergency event in the area/county or state. There is a hospital net on the 1st Sunday of each month that operates on 40M. The state isn't very well organized for the net. It is sometimes moved to another day, like this month was, on short notice. It was supposed to be on 7.185 but was moved to 7.183. Last month when it was my turn at the hospital (we take turns with 2 of us operating each month) there was someone on the frequency so we couldn't find where they moved it. There are no plans set in place to move to another band if conditions are poor. All in all for right now it is not very effective and especially with band conditions as they are.
I would belong to the ARES group in the county where I live but there are 2 clubs in the county and the ARES group seems to think it is a club thing rather than a county organization plus a couple of that group have a dislike for our club so they run any of our club members away, I don't understand that.
electricflyer is offline   Reply With Quote