View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 09:49 AM   #7
One Country Boy

Man that thing looks like a new one Chris. What's the mailing address? I've got a couple of items I need polished up abit.

Keep up the work on the CW. I worked a station the other day on 40 meters, W4RMM. It was my first CW contact in a number of years. CW has always been my favorite mode. I just got away from it. The QSO with W4RMM, reignited my interest. I might add, he had a perfect fist on a straight and he had been a ham for longer than I've been born. It's really nice to work old timers like that. He informed me that CW is his ONLY mode. At the end of my year as a novice, back in about 1970, I was running 30 to 35 wpm. I can't do that now, 10 to maybe 15 is about max. But still just as much fun. Finish learning the characters and get on the air Chris. Will be more than happy to set up a sked to be your first contact. About the best advice I can give is don't try to send until you have learned to receive.

Good luck with it. You can do it and will never regret it. It sort of seperates the men from the boys on the amateur bands. Hi Hi