View Single Post
Old 06-12-2014, 10:10 AM   #10
wa8yxm

Send a message via AIM to wa8yxm Send a message via Yahoo to wa8yxm Send a message via Skype™ to wa8yxm

Bill.. I like your avatar.... Short story ... a couple weeks (1.5) Ago pulling out of the campground I brushed up against a pine and brushed the right hand rear view mirror off the motor home... Well 4 bolts and a bit of glue and it's good as new (longer bolts to replace the ones that stripped out) but... The mirrors are remote adjust and that circuit was DEAD.. I'm still searching for a fuse,, have not found one, can not understand why it might have blown since that mirror was not even "Live" at the time, but it blew.

Till I find it I am using a 1.4 amp current limiter to feed power to the circuit... Model 921, that is based upon your Avatar

Ground---Battery---(921 lamp)---Switch--Mirrors--Ground

The specified fuse is 1.5 amp, the lamp, in normal operation, never lights and thus presents a very LOW resistance, but if there is a short, the lamp WILL light, causing it to get HOT and present a fairly HIGH resistance, and thus limit the current to 1.4 amps.

Neat, and self resetting too. (Comes from a very old electronics artical I read when I wore much younger person's clothing and still recall).
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote