View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 04:07 PM   #1
Radio
Administrator

Default Political Ads on ORR.net

I have noticed, beginning today, the appearance of political ads on ORR.net placed here by Google Ads.

I have set the ad filters to avoid such ads, and personal ads/dating sites, and other garbage, but it seems Google Ads has changed the rules or at least changed the filters.

Perhaps you haven't seen the ads that I have seen, since Google tracks your (our) Internet usage to select ads of personal interest to each user. I have seen no ads for "the other side" just "my guys" but that is beside the point.

I do not want political ads on ORR.net since someone may think the site endorses a particular candidate or point of view. ORR.net does not.

If you see political, or for that matter, other goofy ads, on ORR.net, please be advised that control of ads is on the broadest, general terms, and the admin can not be held responsible for the appearance of specific ads.

Please PM me if this gets out of hand. When I have time I'll look at the filters again, but getting rid of Google Ads requires major ripping out of code.

Thank you for your understanding. (I may be the only one on here who is truly peeved by this.

KU4OJ "Wade" Ships Captain, CFO, Chief Engineer
KG4DQQ "Kathy" 1st Officer, Navigator, Best Friend
2007 F-150 SuperCab - 2009 Rockwood 8280SS
Lot's of mostly Kenwood stuff

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote