Thread: Hello Everyone
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 12:52 PM   #7
K3NOQ/Mobile

Location: Full Time RV'er, anywhere USA, usually Canyon Lake Tx in winter, SoPark Co. CO. in summer
Default Hello Jim "shellback62"

I am fulltimer and operate 100% mobile. My station is the IC-7000 with the Little Tarheel II screwdriver antenna for HF and a Ku4ab squalo antenna for 6 meters. Very happy witht he IC7000 although the menu system is kinda intense. I use the screwdriver antenna with a turbo tuner and it works ok. I am still working on a good counterpoise for the antenna as my RV is a Winnebago 35' adventurer with fiberglass roof. I have tried the screwdriver on the rear ladder and now have it mounted over the drivers door where it can fasten into the front steel superstructure. My SWR is great, Actual RF radiation is still lacking in my opinion, so I am getting ready to try different counterpoise schemes with Marine deck counterpoise tape.

I too come from a commspec backround and worked with some of the big boxes with lotsa toobes and things to tune. Been licensed since '59 an extra since the 80's. Presently in Canyon Lake Tx and will be heading to Southpark Co CO in May. Good luck in the hobby!

// John K3NOQ/Mobile

2K Winnebago Adventurer 35U
Icom 7000 w/ Lil' Tarheel, Comet B250,6 Mtr Squalo
4wd Chevy Tracker w/FT7800 & TS-60
Fulltimer-Ret'd 2-Way & Brdcst tech.
APCO - OFWA - SKP's - MSP
K3NOQ/Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote