View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 12:17 PM   #5
KB5LJE

We can handle the task as I have been around the block before a few times on websites. Just no one knows me.

Amatuer Radio/Camping was my first hobbies after the wife. Then came net stuff in 1988. Yep I had AOl when you had to pay for the software and a server at the house. I own 32 domains and lease the server we are on. Radio is a moderator for me at www.forestriverforums.com and came up with this idea and I said yep lets do it. This waas not something thrown up in a few minutes. We worked for a few weeks on the ides and when it was loaded on the server we got happy and opened to the public. We still have a few things to add but I LOVE THIS STUFF!

I use a gen for backup and thanks for signing up and being apart of this great venture.

Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiow6lar View Post
Looks like this is going to take off with flying colors. You guys are taking on a really big task here.

Well for starters I'm on the road to retirement, only a year or so to go. The XYL and I are into traveling in our TT and put about 7k to 9K miles a year on ours. So it is reasonable to assume we take our hobby along for the ride. Rig in the RV is an IC-718, antenna is a High Sierra 1800. The TV has a IC-706 MKII with a Sidekick screwdriver antenna and the usual VHF/UHF stuff and antennas.

I've spent 43 years in the telecom industry so far. Worked in the inside switching and in the two-way radio and microwave/fiber areas. Now I maintain a major area fiber optic network and some small microwave radio feeds. Also included in the mix is the inspection and repair of microwave tower facilities wherever my company has them in California, Arizona, Oregon, Idaho and Nevada. I and a coworker do the visual tower inspection (yes, climb them all ) and report on work to be contracted out. We also do special waveguide testing for suspect problems with path losses. Along with my coveted Amateur License I also hold a General Radio Telephone License. I got that one many years ago when you had to go the the Federal Building in LA to suffer the FCC testing. Now that was a trip.

Ok, Question?? What is everyone using for alternate power in their RV's??
Generator, Solar or what have you.

Larry, W6LAR
KB5LJE is offline   Reply With Quote