View Single Post
Old 02-22-2008, 12:01 AM   #24
w6pea

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
I think some of the old timers have forgotten what common courtesy really is. Last week during the School Club Round up, I heard a ham respond to a call from a school in Wagoner, OK. The fellow running the station was doing a great job and seemed to be enjoying it. The old timer...after I looked up his call, he was an extra, was telling the young man he was operating on a net frequency and had better plan to move off of it in about 10 minutes as they (sounded like he included) would blow him off the air with all or the 1K amps.

Seems he has forgotten the basic operating principle that no one owns a frequency. They could easily shift their net up of down a few KHz and let him keep his frequency. Or they could politely ask if he could move...not threaten him. Very rude person.

ken
I have had that happen to me on 2 meters.
I was calling for help at an auto accident(I was not involved) and this clown tells me and the other ham I was in contact with to get off of his freq. he was going to start a WAMO net.
What a joke.
When all else fails...Amateur Radio
w6pea is offline   Reply With Quote