Thread: bk de WB4QBW
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2008, 04:23 PM   #1
One Country Boy

Default bk de WB4QBW

Good afternoon,

de WB4QBW, Jim in Wewahitchka, FL, about 25 miles east of Panama City, FL and inland from the Gulf of Mexico approx. 25 miles. The XYL and I have been RV'ing for several years, doing weekends, long weekends and vacations. I retired the end of July 2005, after almost 36 years in law enforcement, the past 25+ as a State Attorney Investigator. The XYL retired in August of last year from the State of Florida.

Ready to do some traveling we purchased a new 2008 Ford F250 SuperDuty, King Cab. Now with a bigger truck, a feller should be able to pull a bigger camper, so we bought a new Jayco Eagle Super Lite. We love the rig, but the Ford gets terrible fuel milage.

I found out about this forum from RV.Net. I saw a post "Radio" made and on his signature was the link. A great site and just what I was looking for a group of hams that like to RV. I've just started carrying with us my Kenwood TS50, a mobile MFJ tuner, Astron 35 amp PS, some Ham Sticks and a few Hustler coils.

We are planning a trip in a few days to Cotton Hill, on Lake Eufalla, in GA. Plans are to stay there a few nights and make our way up to Franklin, NC. We have friends there that have a pad we can park on awhile. Not sure how long we will stay, maybe until we wear out our welcome.

Thank you to the folks who provide this site. What I've read so far is very nice and informative.

Jim - WB4QBW
Wewahitchka, FL
http://www.fairpoint.net/~wewa/

One Country Boy is offline   Reply With Quote