View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 07:01 PM   #1
W4MBG

Default Hello from Williamsburg, VA!

Hi everybody! Old ham, new RVer here. Bought a 1999 29' Winnebago Minnie from the father of a friend of mine a couple of weeks ago. 44000 miles on a Ford Triton V10, new tires and awning, one-year-old batteries. A bit of wind/rain damage to the sides of the cabover, but other than that, darn near new looking.

I am planning to mount an Icom 2M/440 rig on the dash, above the stereo. The faceplate will velcro in place, and the power end will go under the seat. Not sure where to put the dual-band NMO antenna. Possibly a bracket in the left front corner of the hood. For HF, I will mount my Ten-Tec Argo QRP rig in a small rack, along with my LDG antenna tuner and a digital audio filter. There is a desk in the bedroom at the back, with a window. I can stash the whole thing in the closet or under the bed while under way. I have a home-made mast and several Hustler coils to match the plug-ins for the Argo. I will mount the mast on the rear ladder, either fold-over and lock or quick-release for traveling.

Pics eventually!

73 de W4MBG!
W4MBG is offline   Reply With Quote