Thread: I did it !!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 10:01 PM   #8
One Country Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KF5BET View Post
It was actually quite funny...because they talked me into giving the extra a try.. I haven't even looked at a study book or online flash cards... They told me it wouldn't cost me anything since I already paid the fee for the general. There were some people taking tech tests and when I finished, they asked how I did and I replied it ought to be pretty amusing (I think I made them nervous).

I was totally lost on most of the questions, although a few questions I did recognize.

They told me I got at least half of them right.

I don't know... think I really need to focus on the general concepts, and maybe start working on cw.

The way I look at it, you didn't have anything to lose Galen. I'm with you, go to work on the CW. If you are like me, you will enjoy it. It is my favorite mode. Even though it is not required, I recommend you learn it. I think you will find it totally different than voice on HF and a different type of ham working CW. I find a lot of us old timers on CW. If you ask, they will slow down to help you. Most do not mind at all.

Good luck with it !!!