View Single Post
Old 05-26-2014, 11:15 PM   #1
electricflyer

Default A great test session today.

Another successful test session on Monday (Memorial Day). We had 8 people to come for testing and everyone passed. 2 were upgrades from General to Amateur Extra, 1 passed Technician and General, and the other 5 passed the Technician exam.

There are nearly at 780,000 hams now. Only about 150 short of that number. Of that number about half are Technicians. There is still one license holder that is a Tech Plus. When that license comes up for renewal it will be automatically converted to Technician.

Anyway, welcome to 6 new hams and congratulations to the 2 new Extras.

I checked the number of exams I have conducted and out of the 939 ARRL VE's in Georgia I am only 21 from the top number. I am also a VE for CAVEC and W5YI and those exams don't count in the total number of exams I was involved with. I will be assisting at the CAVEC test session at the Hamfest in Marietta, GA on June 7th. We enjoy the volunteer work we do with ham radio. I also assist with teaching license classes and I am now signed up to be a volunteer radio operator at the Tanner Regional Hospital in Carrollton, GA in association with ARES.

Marv
KT4W
electricflyer is offline   Reply With Quote