View Single Post
Old 02-20-2017, 11:00 AM   #8
electricflyer

At test sessions we always advocate that people join a club, we tell them of any local clubs they can attend. The problem is that hams are a collection of individuals, and a strange group of individuals at that LOL. Nothing demands that they join a group. If you look at the number of hams in a given area the number that belong to a club is a pretty dismal number. For example, there is somewhere around 1700 hams in Cobb County GA, there is one club in the county (and a couple SIGs). I don't know how many members they have but I will guess it is less than 50. The county I live in has 2 clubs, one is almost exclusively ARES the other older one is open to anyone but the county has just slightly over 300 hams and the total membership of both clubs is about 30. Not a very good representation of participation. People have all kinds of reasons for not attending, work late, wrong night, don't like one of the other members, cost too much ($15-$25), don't need any help (don't want to help others), to far away, etc, etc.
2014 Palomino Puma 25RL - TV 2011 F-150 SuperCrew 5.0
electricflyer is offline   Reply With Quote