View Single Post
Old 11-15-2014, 10:04 PM   #16
WA6CDE

Wink

I used to use the hustler mobile whips for years... until I came across the high sierra 1800 Pro... it tunes DC to daylight all with one antenna..
As to the difference... the hustler low power resonators will get pretty warm with todays 100 watts of power... so much so that you cant put your hand on it after using it for a while... The only resonators I would buy today are the "S" series... and even then you won't get the whole band in under 2:1 for 40 meters... 75 only gets you about 50 kc... So instead of changing resonators I changed antennas.

Signal wise.. they both seemed the same according to reports when we tested both in a controlled environment. If you talk to K0BG, alan, he will tell you that the bigger center loaded coil gives you a better higher Q to work better... but I found that they don't get warm even using 500 watts mobile... and life got better because to change bands.. you don't have to get out of the car.... etc... To tune it I use a wavemeter for max signal.. (smile)

Good luck on your search for the perf antenna mobile... bigger is better so I have found in the shootouts...
WA6CDE is offline   Reply With Quote