View Single Post
Old 05-21-2017, 11:23 AM   #3
wa8yxm

Send a message via AIM to wa8yxm Send a message via Yahoo to wa8yxm Send a message via Skype™ to wa8yxm

I stick to V/U=HF when in motion for the most part When parked I work 80/40 and other bands... Currently I run a long wire with an auto-turner (Kenwood KAT-1 Marine grade auto-turner) It can feet a "Goat rail" made of 1/2 inch copper pipe. that runs along the roof, 10ga wire connectes it to the tuner (WHy 10ga.. Well. think "What's in the junk box" 14 would work nicely)

Or I have a 50' and 80' 14 ga wires. the 50 (if parked for long enough) goes up a 20 foot fish pole on the back of the bus to a flag pole at the front.

The longer wire to tree limbs

And next week if it is delivered when anticipated an ALPHA portable will be added for all band use.. (I can do rapid switching between long wire and Alpha)

Oh, I( don't know how serious, and this is not for RV use.. at least I don't think it is without more research but talking to Alpha folks last Friday (Dayton-Hamvention) they told me of a new product they are coming out with for HOA afflicted folks.

They will call it the HF antenna (H=Harbor F=Freight) You buy part from Alpha and a flag pole from HF, Fly the flag on Flag day, July 4 and so on.. Your HOA sees the flag pole... If they object to your flying the flag.. Call in the Marines (I am being serious here) to tell 'em why one should be allowed to fly the flag...
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote