View Single Post
Old 02-22-2017, 02:48 PM   #15
wa8yxm

Send a message via AIM to wa8yxm Send a message via Yahoo to wa8yxm Send a message via Skype™ to wa8yxm

Re The FCC.. More hams means more operators that can be called upon when "Stuff" happens. and being a professional "Stuff" handler,, both in the literal and figurative sense, (Emergency dispatcher/9-1-1 operator in one of those senses) I can tell you "Stuff Happens".. Now our department did not call out the hams when it happened, but a ham (two actually) fixed it. One in part, one the rest of the way.. I know. I was the "in part" one.

(I was "on scene" when it happened, the "Fully" was 2 hours away and asleep).

More hams = More emergency folks.

As for the "more work" not so much.. Next year I will log into the ULS, check a few boxes, and BAM, my license will renew.. Only one human will be involved in that transaction (me) no work at all for the FCC.. Same when you renew.. If you do it by comptuer. NO HUMAN involved.. save for you... Wham.. So how much more work is it, We self police for the most part. Reporting violators to the FCC with, usually, enough evidence that like 1 man hour is all they need to prosecute.. We make it easy.

Now Commercial Radio.. That's a whole big barrel of worms.
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote