View Single Post
Old 03-10-2009, 01:40 AM   #5
One Country Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio View Post
Try a walk-in appliance part dealer, that sells parts for washing machines, A/C units and that sort of thing. You might have to use duct tape and bailing wire to mount the new one, but I bet they'd have one that worked.
I did all that first. Checked with an AC & Heating friend, he checked his catalogs, nothing that had that much capacitance. I went to four different places in Panama City today. One that specializes in compressors and air tools, nothing big enough. An electric motor shop had a starting cap that covered that range but not a run cap. I'm told a starting capacitor would burn up quickly when used in a running capacity. I found 2 60 uF's. I was thinking of putting them in parallel, but the physical size was way too big.

Andy, I checked that "Made in China" place everyone I called had gone out-of-business. Randy's site looks promissing. I'll call them tomorrow. The problem is finding a start/run capacitor with that much capacitance. I don't care if it has the stud on it, I can haywire it to something for support like Wade says.

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. I'll keep looking.