View Single Post
Old 08-26-2017, 10:59 AM   #4
electricflyer

We had a good time camped next to Wade and Kathy. Like Wade said it was HOT and humid. Temps in the mid 90's. I didn't spend much time sitting in the sun to watch the eclipse, just in and out of it until the sun was over half covered then the heat wasn't quite so bad. DW was saying it was not big deal until just before totality, then she said WOW this is really neat. It was fairly light until just before totality and then the darkness was sudden. The atmosphere must have cooled because clouds that were floating around just disappeared when the sun was covered up and then reappeared when the sun came back from behind the moon. I didn't notice a big temp drop although a cooler air was felt. It was an enjoyable event, the next one goes through Texas and to the NE in 7 years. We left the park on Wednesday and traffic was normal then but I-85 was jam packed on Tuesday and SC Hwy 11 outside the park was bumper to bumper.
I took a HF rig along but never got it out of the truck since it temp was not very compfortable.
2014 Palomino Puma 25RL - TV 2011 F-150 SuperCrew 5.0
electricflyer is offline   Reply With Quote