View Single Post
Old 09-02-2017, 12:23 PM   #2
electricflyer

I did a similar replacement a couple months ago. I have 2 doors so a bent step was not a major problem getting in and out of the trailer. I bent mine as a result of a mishap while attempting to change a tire. My trailer has 2 steps, your 5er has 3 steps so yours were a little heavier. I also bent the brackets that go from the steps to the frame so that was a bit of a challenge to hammer those back into usable condition. Like your experience, taking the old step off was not a big issue but holding the replacement into position while getting a bolt started was a little more difficult. I sat on the ground and held the step assembly in my lap. To hold the step in position I put a screwdriver in the side opposite where I was starting the bolt and once I got one of the bolts in place it was smooth sailing. I noticed a difference in the way the new one operated, it seemed to be easier to fold up than the way to old one worked (before being bent). Like you discovered there were lots of people selling the replacement steps. I ended up getting mine from Amazon.
2014 Palomino Puma 25RL - TV 2011 F-150 SuperCrew 5.0
electricflyer is offline   Reply With Quote