Thread: Winlink
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2019, 06:52 PM   #5
Wadcutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by N9JKP View Post
Thanks for the reply, and glad to hear that you have found Winlink useful. We are headed out just before Memorial Day so you will have a head start on us.
Since my last post my laptop died (and wasn’t backed up) so I need to get the new laptop setup for Winlink and my radio.
Kevin
Our plans are to leave the first week, maybe second week, of May. We have no plans to be anywhere on any day. We're going to take our time, take any road that strikes our interest at the time. Only plan is to be back in IL around the first week in Sept.
We plan on setting up the radio in Alberta, British Columbia, NWT, and the Yukon and try a few QSOs. May not get in Alaska until after mid June. Also want to get north of the Arctic Circle into the Brooks Range and see if the radio and bands will work for me.
I'll be running APRS in the truck. Not sure how many digipeaters and igates I'll hit in some of the places.
I have a 2M/70cm in the truck with the repeaters downloaded along the possible routes. I will also be monitoring 146.520.
Wadcutter is offline   Reply With Quote