View Single Post
Old 04-04-2016, 12:42 PM   #15
N4MU Papi

Default Interesting project

Hi Dick. I will be very interested in hearing about your tests with the TH antenna. Was it a model 100 or what model?
I have had a 100 mounted on the ladder of my fiver since we've been in the "temporary" park (last June) we're in and to tell you the truth it has worked great. Rarely is there a station I hear that hasn't come back to me. I'm running about 400-500 watts with an ALS-600 to the TH and I know that helps but I am genuinely surprised at the performance. I have made no attempt at grounding or radials, etc. It just is mounted to the top of the ladder.
I will be retiring in a month (YEA!) then it's off to the permanent location in a RV resort in FL and I will try the exact same approach there but I also want to test the TH mounted over the top of an 8 foot square metal shed that is located on each lot. Robert at TH said it should work great. I will bond the mount to the shed and see what improvement may be had. I will keep you posted...please do the same with your project. I will appreciate hearing what you may discover.
73, Bill

“I don't know where I'm going but I'm on my way.” - Carl Sagan
N4MU Papi is offline   Reply With Quote