Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Open Roads Radio forum for Ham, Amateur Radio and RV camping

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-09-2009, 06:24 PM   #1
One Country Boy

Default Assistance needed locating a capacitor please.

Hey guys,

Christmas of 2007, my XYL bought me an upright 15 gal air compressor from Lowes. One of the made for Lowes, Task Force Brand. The little electric motor has probably not run one hour totally. The other day it popped the breaker and would not run after I reset it. The run/start capacitor is bad in it. Called all the numbers Lowes gave me and the "800" number on the side of the machine. All out of business. The cap is made in China. Wouldn't you know it. I've been looking at the manufacturing company on the internet and called a couple of distributors in the states, but guess what ? Out of business. Hard times everywhere.

Here's are the numbers on it or the ones that I can make out. I'll also include some photos. It's manufactured by Huizhong in China. It is their #CBB65. It's 120 uF +/- 5%. Although the motor operates on 120 volts AC it says rated for 2?? (can't make out the numbers. Probably 240. It also has a # E232158 next to the "US" symbol. It also has a symbol that I think is a stateside company, looks like a backwards "R", attached to a "U". Don't know if we can see that in the photo I took or not.

Anyway, if you find one or know of a distributor, please let me know. I checked locally today and none. I've been looking on the web but no luck yet. If I could find the same value, I really could do without the mounting bolt as long as it is about the same physical size.

Thanks for anything you can do.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg cap1w.jpg (76.2 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg cap2w.jpg (89.7 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg cap3w.jpg (44.3 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg cap4w.jpg (32.6 KB, 63 views)