Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Open Roads Radio forum for Ham, Amateur Radio and RV camping

Old 02-24-2009, 02:46 PM   #1
[email protected]

Smile Another hello to all

Hi, y'all
from Fort Myers, Fl. My name is Durell, KG4WCE. I happened up on this site from the rv open roadss site. It looks like a fun interesting place to exchange information and get ideas. I have just remodeled a room at home for a new ham shack. Hopefully I will be back on the air soon.

My bride of 44 years and I hope to retire within a year or so and spend more time in our trailer. We have a vintage 1997 32 foot Holiday Rambler TT towed with a 2002 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD P/U. I have a Mark IIG that I use in the trailer when we are on the road. I am not an expert in anything but can tell prevarications with the best.(That means I am about as full of bull as you can get)

I am a retired cop and presently am the executive director of a safety council. My wife was forced to retire due to health problems after thirty years as a legal assistant.

We enjoy each other, church, grandkids, traveling and life in general. I ain't gonna tell you any more because it is boring. I look forward to listening, learning, reading and perhaps meeting some of you on the road.

Durell
swflsafedbp@earthlink.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 04:06 PM   #2
Andy N1ORK

Send a message via Yahoo to Andy N1ORK Send a message via Skype™ to Andy N1ORK

Welcome Aboard Durell!!
Glad you found this site. I'm sure you'll enjoy it and will have a lot to offer. The folks here are freindly and throw the bull with the best of them. The DW and I will have been married 40yrs in August and have a seasonal park model in NH.
Andy - n1ork

SkyWarn, CERT, EmComm
Andy N1ORK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 07:21 PM   #3
TXiceman

Durell, howdy. Glad to have you here. we have our #40 in June and hopefully will get to retire some day. A 1997 is hardly vintage...11 years old. That is new compared to our 1979 Silver Streak.

Ken
Base unit...Kenwood TS480HX, LDG AT200 Pro tuner, Eagle One Vertical and Windom 80 meter dipole.
Standard Schnauzer..her call is K9WOOF
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 10:15 PM   #4
Radio
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I am not an expert in anything but can tell prevarications with the best.(That means I am about as full of bull as you can get)

I am a retired cop...
Well, I'll tell ya...you're gonna fit in well around here...got one or two retired cops and the rest are full of bull, too. You're gonna love it!

KU4OJ "Wade" Ships Captain, CFO, Chief Engineer
KG4DQQ "Kathy" 1st Officer, Navigator, Best Friend
2007 F-150 SuperCab - 2009 Rockwood 8280SS
Lot's of mostly Kenwood stuff

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 05:23 PM   #5
jagco

Welcome to the group. Your trailer is 20 years newer than my MH. Now mine is vintage. I have a '77 Class C that still runs. I was forced to retire due to health like your DW. Anyway, welcome to the group. I hope you enjoy!
jagco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 09:33 PM   #6
WB4VYH

Durell,
Welcome aboard! It's good to have another member to help us out! LIke you, I like the oldies but goodies! Our MH is a 1997, and hopefully will serve the wife and I well! Enjoy!

Ellen, Copilot

Little Boy, Alvin C, and Lolly Pop our Yorkie Crew.

1997 Holiday Rambler 32 Ft. Vacationer.
No Ham equipment installed.....YET!
WB4VYH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 06:45 AM   #7
One Country Boy

Good Morning Durell,

I'm just up the road from you. Near a little town named Wewahitchka. In the panhandle, 25 miles east of Panama City and 20 miles inland.

Welcome to the ORR Forum. Good bunch of guys here, I know you will be happy you found us. I'm usually on 3 or 4 times a day, sometimes more depending on the activities around the QTH.

As Wade mentioned, there are several of us retired cops and other public safety type guys on the forum. You should feel at home. I retired in '05 due to an injury. I had 35 years, the past 24+ as an Investigator for the State of Florida. It was time to get out, I just needed a little encouragement. I've never regreted it.

Please check in with us often. Let us know if we be of assistance.