Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Open Roads Radio forum for Ham, Amateur Radio and RV camping

Old 06-17-2018, 11:19 AM   #1
Wa2yly

Default Converter ac noise

Hi All
Today I installed emi filter on input to battery charger.Although it did not get rid of all the noise,it is greatly reduced.Converter and battery charger were on same ac breaker.I separated them and now have a work around.With radio connected directly to battery noise is reduced.However if now i shutoff breaker to battery charger noise is gone.By separating breaker this allows converter to still supply power to 110v outlets and 12v for lights etc.So when on radio at least i can shutoff charger until im done.

Bob
Wa2yly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 04:37 PM   #2
N3LYT

My converter is also the battery charger I suspect you are meaning inverter it is a modern replacement one (switcher) there is a tiny bit of noise on 10 meters but that's about it. I very seldom use my inverter and only to watch a little TV in the puckerbrush so maybe that thing is noisy but the charger/converter is quiet makes power for the battery and the radio at the same time.
N3LYT is offline   Reply With Quote