Open Roads Radio forum for Ham, Amateur Radio and RV camping

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2018, 07:23 PM   #1
Senior Member
N7OQ's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Yuba City, Ca
Posts: 303
Default RVing in Canada Question

Hi I'm thinking of making a trip to Canada soon and what to know what I need to do to operate In Canada? Do I need a reciprocal license?
Bill N7OQ
73 de Bill, (N7OQ)
RV: 2006 Outback 23RS
USAF Retired, God Bless our Troops
Licensed in 1978 ex N7AFX, DA1VW, KK6GR
N7OQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 07:05 PM   #2
Radio's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Fayetteville, GA, USA
Posts: 2,954

I went to Canada several times a year back in the 1980's. Carried an HT with me. Didn't need a reciprocal license back then.

It was fun to check into a repeater and hearing the US call some 500 miles from the border, someone would always say "That's some kind of skip, eh?"

I think the page has stuff like that on it. Have you looked there?

KU4OJ "Wade" Ships Captain, CFO, Chief Engineer
KG4DQQ "Kathy" 1st Officer, Navigator, Best Friend
2007 F-150 SuperCab - 2009 Rockwood 8280SS
Lot's of mostly Kenwood stuff

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:18 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.