Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Open Roads Radio forum for Ham, Amateur Radio and RV camping

Old 06-12-2015, 04:22 PM   #1
electricflyer

Default Last stop before home.

This a VERY nice CoE park on the west side of Montgomery, AL, just slightly west of Maxwell AFB (about 4 miles). This is Gunter Hill CoE park. There are 2 loops at the park, one is pretty old with gravel parking sites and course asphalt with only water and electric (no cable) called the Antioch Loop with about 64 sites. The other new loop (about 3 years old now), is the Catoma Loop. If you want to stay here it is advised you make a reservation if for more that one night. The Catoma Loop has full hook ups, level concrete pads, great roads. OTA tv is good so close to Montgomery. I took a chance and stopped here with no reservation but the host at check in said they only had one empty site the night before (Sunday), my stop was on a Monday and I figured I had a good chance right after the weekend. I got a nice pull-thru with water view. The locals from Montgomery keep this place full in the summertime so reservations may be hard to get. He said they were booked full for Fathers Day and of course 4th of July. A few pics of that. Price for seniors was $12
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010056.jpg (106.2 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg P1010058.jpg (96.5 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg P1010060.jpg (84.4 KB, 13 views)
electricflyer is offline   Reply With Quote