Open Roads Radio forum for Ham, Amateur Radio and RV camping

Old 05-20-2019, 11:27 PM   #11
Paul Stewart

80 m at night, you are right. Being new to HAM and being in a very small living situation I get very little HF. I have a Kenwood 440 feeding a BV 77 vertical that uses no radials. I have heard Alaska, Japan and some southern states here in Northern Cal. I have QSO with Washington state on several occasions and So. Cal a couple of times, on 80, 40 and 20 m. I really enjoy the respectful attitudes and operational procedures I have encountered. Mostly the repeaters are my joy. Met a lot of great people through the repeaters and the club's. Thanks for the conversation I look forward to more.

Paul. KE0TFX
Paul Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 05:32 PM   #12
N3LYT

I use an R7 vertical up to 20 meters then switch to the wires for 40 up. I have done Asia and pretty much all of Europe with the vertical and my wires and 100 watts. If you find a repeater you like join their club and become part if it's an active club they will do a lot of good things field day, special events etc. Certainly not your side of the world but check out our club W1MWV.com
N3LYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 08:41 AM   #13
Paul Stewart

Good morning n3lyt. I looked at your club page, looks great. Noticed you have an echolink link on your repeater. On day soon I will give you a call. Very busy this weekend, my wife and I are in Oregon with the Sams Radio Hams seeking membership with them. It us an organization requiring HAM license (any level) and membership in the Good Sam travel organization. We are gathered at TRAIN MOUNTAIN for a campout. Check if you like both out on the web. Talk again soon.
KE0TFX.
Paul Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 06:32 PM   #14
N3LYT

Yes we do and we have a DMR repeater too. I need to check in here more often maybe we can made things happen.
N3LYT is offline   Reply With Quote