Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Open Roads Radio forum for Ham, Amateur Radio and RV camping

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-19-2017, 09:02 PM   #1
wa8yxm

Send a message via AIM to wa8yxm Send a message via Yahoo to wa8yxm Send a message via Skype™ to wa8yxm
Default The New Dayton Hamvention

Well. Got back to the RV from the Green County Fairgrounds. New home for the Dayton Hamvention.. And I have to say I had a very good day. But.. There were some issues I am aware of

On the way into Xenia (I'm parked 15 miles south of the Green county courthouse, 17 south of the fairgrounds.. ON the main n/s road (Detroit/Ohio 380) through Xenia I mean turn right out the driveway and follow the road)

I was listeiniong to folks complainign about an hour or more stuck in traffic. Well I hit backup just a few blocks south of Main (Google Autozone) and ask my phone for nearest restaurants.. LINDA's on East main (South side) aobut half a block east of Detroit/380 was the one I picked (Good choice as it turns out) and I quickly switched to a side road to get there. Enjoyed breakfast with 2 fellow Hams. and then again via side roads worked my way up past the elementary school and on to fairgrounds road.. Was not 20 mintues in back up on Fairgrounds and LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of parking LOT.

Into the event (They did not hold my ticket at Will Call as I ask but,, Not a problem) I got to meet Bob Heil whom I had something to drop off to. George Thomis, Don Willbanks, Gordo and Tommy, Did all my shopping and, basically did everyting I wanted to do..

I recall that the layout in Harah was a whole lot of "You can't get there form here" Well the layout here was nice and more or less linier, Getting from one place to another was very easy, Lay out very logical Was able to visit every booth I wishe to visit and look over the rest of 'em. Same in the flea market, Got want I wanted (And a few thigns I did not expect to find.. All in one day. >Could not do that at the old site. Won a door prize I have no use for at this time.. but that will change in time so I'll keep it. Very happy.

For those thinking about next year.. Xenia/Green County are aware of the traffic issue, and are working on improvement plans already.

But with a bit of maping (I used Google maps on my phone) No problem for me.
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote