Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Open Roads Radio forum for Ham, Amateur Radio and RV camping

Old 12-09-2007, 07:42 AM   #1
Richard Stouffer

Default A Bargain?

I'm still dreaming of a new SteppIR, so I searched e-bay this morning and found a 20m, 2 element Yagi for sale. The highest bid so far is $113.00. I suspect that will get elevated toward the deadline, but still.

Unfortunately I'm not a candidate for a yagi just yet, but it would sure be nice to find a brand new SteppIR anywhere that you don't have to wait four or five months for from the factory.
Richard Stouffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 11:13 AM   #2
N7OQ

Richard are you looking for the Vertical or the Yagi ? I have though about a Vertical should not be to noticeable by the neighbors. Right now I have a Trap vertical in the back yard (Hygain 14AVQ) but it is getting very old and needs to be replaced.
Licensed in 1978 ex N7AFX, DA1VW, KK6GR
N7OQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 12:22 PM   #3
Richard Stouffer

I now have a Hy-Gain DX 77 that is on a post and hinged. I only put it up after dark. I don't do much in the summer. The antenna is real touchy on tuning and requires constant examination and maintenance. With the SteppIF, the 33 foot one vertical, I wouldn't need a tuner and it is supposed to require very little maintenance. However, it is expensive, especially with the 80 meter coil. The combo is over $1,200.
Richard Stouffer is offline   Reply With Quote