Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Open Roads Radio forum for Ham, Amateur Radio and RV camping

Old 01-17-2013, 09:48 PM   #1
wohtex

Default New Scam going around

I don't post often but thought I would make all of you aware a new scam going around.

Did you know there is a scam going around which prays on older men!! Well, it’s true…………
Women often receive warnings about protecting themselves at the mall and in dark parking lots, etc. This is the first warning I have seen for men. I wanted to pass it on in case you haven't heard about it. A 'heads up' for those men who may be regular customers at Sam’s, Lowe's, Home Depot, Costco, or even Wal-Mart. This one caught me totally by surprise. Over the last month I became a victim of a clever scam while out shopping. Simply going out to get supplies has turned out to be quite traumatic. Don't be naive enough to think it couldn't happen to you or your friends. Here's how the scam works:
Two nice-looking, college-aged girls will come over to your car or truck as you are packing your purchases into your vehicle. They both start wiping your windshield with a rag and Windex, with their breasts almost falling out of their skimpy T-shirts. (It's impossible not to look). When you thank them and offer them a tip, they say 'No' but instead ask for a ride to McDonald's. You agree and they climb into the vehicle. On the way, they start undressing. Then one of them starts crawling all over you, while the other one steals your wallet……….
I had my wallet stolen May 4th, 9th, 10th, twice on the 15th, 17th, 20th, 24th, & 29th. Also June 1st & 4th, twice on the 8th, 16th, 23rd, 26th & 27th, and very likely again this upcoming weekend:bounce. So tell your friends to be careful. What a horrible way to take advantage of us older men.
Wal-Mart has wallets on sale for $2.99 each. I found even cheaper ones for $.99 at the dollar store and bought them out in three of their stores. Also, you never get to eat at McDonald's. I've already lost
11 pounds just running back and forth from Lowe's, to Home Depot, to Costco, Etc. So please, send this on to all the older men that you know and warn them to be on the lookout for this scam. (The best
times are just before lunch and around 4:30 in the afternoon.)

Bill
N5CCQ
wohtex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:05 PM   #2
NN5I
Carl, nn5i

Well, I don't particularly mind being prayed upon, as long as I'm not preyed upon.
Old 01-18-2013, 04:30 AM   #3
Andy N1ORK

Send a message via Yahoo to Andy N1ORK Send a message via Skype™ to Andy N1ORK

Good one Bill. I guess I'll have to take a trip to the Dollar Store before using my Home Depot gift certificate this afternoon.

SkyWarn, CERT, EmComm
Andy N1ORK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:02 PM   #4
wa8yxm

Send a message via AIM to wa8yxm Send a message via Yahoo to wa8yxm Send a message via Skype™ to wa8yxm

Actually. though that one is a joke. It's not far from some that have really been pulled..... I won't go into details but the TV show Adam-12 dealt with one almost like it.. The girls ask for a ride then told the nice gent that if he did not give 'em money they would scream rape.. He gave them a ride... Straight to the police department.. He was a salesman and had a recorder in h is briefcase with a handle monuted switch and recorded the whole scam. (OOPS for them).

Or perhaps it was CHiPS but I think it was A-12.

In real life.. I've seen it happen too. as a Police dispatcher, can not give out details, but I've seen the same scam. (I make it a point to FORGET details of stuff I got on the job, that way I can not violate NDA)
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:32 PM   #5
N3LYT

I'm really disappointed I keep going to Home Depot and nothing happens! I really did'n't need any thing but after hearing the story I had to go.
N3LYT is offline   Reply With Quote