Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Open Roads Radio forum for Ham, Amateur Radio and RV camping

Old 11-25-2010, 07:00 PM   #21
KE5ZRT
Super Swell Guy

Send a message via Yahoo to KE5ZRT

Quote:
Originally Posted by K3NOQ/Mobile View Post
Keep in mind that your control circuits on all remaining RV systems work on 12VDC, the charger/converter is a very important consideration. John
Brilliant! I boosted my house batteries with my toad, and the water heater started working instantly. While taking a hot shower after 3 weeks of cold showers --I thought about it a little more, and it is quite likely that the sporadic furnace problem (blows but no heat) is a symptom of the same issue. I intend to replace the house batteries and the charger converter next payday. The charger I have now is a Charge Sentinel 15 amp supply which is no longer in production. I plan to replace it with an Iota DLS-15 15 AMP POWER SUPPLY/CHARGER. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Should I use a higher amperage supply?

Thanks for all of your helpful advice. I will post the results when the 12 volt systems are repaired.
Extra Class Amateur (Ham) Radio Operator, VE, SKYWARN Storm Spotter, ARES Volunteer, TSA Security Officer, Full-time RV dweller (Amarillo TX for now), webmaster www.PanhandleARES.org, Married to ke5zru!

KE5ZRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 08:08 PM   #22
K4AC

One thing to keep in mind is that electricity is probably cheaper than propane for heating (especially if you're not getting charged for electrical usage in the park you're at...). I've got a 1500 watt electric heater stowed in the TT for those occasional times we need heat. (I probably need to add a second one as my XYL prefers it to be warmer.)

I set the furnace to about 60 and let the space heater take it from there. That way if it gets really cold outside, the TT temp never gets lower than 60. Down to around freezing, the furnace only comes on very occasionally at night.

Doug
K4AC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blower motor, charger, furnace, problem, suburban