Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Open Roads Radio forum for Ham, Amateur Radio and RV camping

Old 08-26-2014, 08:47 AM   #21
Mr. Ham

I got a concealed carry permit just for the sake of having one.
In the state of Pennsylvania, you cannot loan a pistol to someone.
You can give a pistol as a present to family members and not even have to register it.
You can have your pistol in your car, as long as it is not loaded, as long as you are traveling to or from an approved gun range, to a gunsmith to have it repaired or for hunting purposes - as long as you have a legal license to hunt and as long as it is during hunting season and it is a legal hunting firearm.

This means that it must be a revolver or a single shot pistol, no semi automatic pistols are allowed for hunting. Laser sights are not allowed for hunting, it has to be .22 rimfire or larger for small game hunting and it has to be center fire for deer hunting. You are allowed to carry other pistols for protection purposes only during archery season. But you have to have a pistol permit to carry it.

A normal person can carry a shotgun or a rifle down main street here without any fear of repercussions. If you have a pistol, you better have a permit. More and more people are carrying a pistol - mostly for shock purposes.

Black rifles is what will get you into the most trouble here.
Too many people have seen these firearms in movies and associate it with rapid fire and killing spree's. Black rifles - AR 15, SKS, AK 47 etc are not legal for hunting purposes. The only thing they might be good for is protection and for wasting a lot of ammo. They are unwelcome at the States firing ranges on the Game Lands and anyone that uses the firing range at the Game Lands either has to have a hunting license or buy a permit to use the range. The firearms are limited to 3 shots in the magazine.

We had too many yo-yo's that came, shot up the range and then left their mess. The state closed down all of their ranges a couple of years ago, did lead abatement, and then reopened them with the new rules.

When lead bullets becomes illegal - which will probably happen in the next 50 years, I will still have enough ammo for hunting purposes to hunt deer and game until the day I die. After I die, I don't care what happens.

The kids today don't want to go deer hunting - because they can stay home and play video games - where they have instant gratification, and they don't have to endure the weather elements or boredom when they don't see anything to shoot.
Mr. Ham is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bugout, filters, water collection