Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Open Roads Radio forum for Ham, Amateur Radio and RV camping

Old 11-25-2018, 07:43 PM   #1
ebourlet

Default Hello

I've been a ham since I was 14 now 57. Just retired and purchased a 36' Tiffin Phaeton Class A. I am trying to figure out a way to mount a Screwdriver antenna for mobile operation. I just picked up an IC7100 and have the AH4 to use when stationary. I was hoping to find others that have tackled a screwdriver on a diesel pusher that could share some photos.
Thanks, WB7OYL
ebourlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 02:18 PM   #2
Bosun

Hello, although I have no experience with a Screwdriver antenna, I wanted to say hello and congratulations on your retirement and purchase of your Tiffin!

73’s
KE4TQV
Patrick
Bosun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 06:23 PM   #3
N3LYT

Your biggest issue would be overall height you might get by with something like a small Tarheel but typical with a screwdriver it's best to have the coil section in the clear as it is the majority if the overall antenna length. I run one on the back of my pickup and have a good 50 countries but it's a good deal lower. With a short stinger and the coil at AC hight it may work fine. No matter what it's QRP but that should not stop you from having fun!
N3LYT is offline   Reply With Quote