Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Open Roads Radio forum for Ham, Amateur Radio and RV camping

Old 03-09-2016, 08:28 PM   #1
ke0me

Default mostly good news

Been busy here today, picked up the trailer from the repair shop.

Wont mention the bill, but I could have bought a goodly amount of fun ham toys with what it cost. Furnace is fixed, not sure about fridge, it wouldn't fail to work like it did on me ( 3 times now). Still under manufacturer warranty til Oct.

Other good news, my Lil Tarheel II is here, and waiting for a bit warmer weather to start playing around with install options.
2014 Silverado 2500
currently don't own an RV
ke0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 04:01 PM   #2
wa8yxm

Send a message via AIM to wa8yxm Send a message via Yahoo to wa8yxm Send a message via Skype™ to wa8yxm

Well I got some good news too.. Internet "TV" show Ham Nation

Each week (well almost each week) they give away an item or two to folks who give the correct answer.. In the past I got a nice "inline" Ac Volt Meter (pass through, MFJ product, very nice analog expanded range 120v Meter with a nice green backlight)

I got a very nice Microphone (Heil of course, Bob is one of the Hosts and founders of the show)

And this week they are shipping me some coax (50' High grade stuff from DX Engineering) and something from MFJ (Frankly I don't recall what).

http://twit.tv/hn
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 04:03 PM   #3
Radio
Administrator

Hmmm, free ham stuff. Might have to check into that...

KU4OJ "Wade" Ships Captain, CFO, Chief Engineer
KG4DQQ "Kathy" 1st Officer, Navigator, Best Friend
2007 F-150 SuperCab - 2009 Rockwood 8280SS
Lot's of mostly Kenwood stuff

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 03:48 PM   #4
wa8yxm

Send a message via AIM to wa8yxm Send a message via Yahoo to wa8yxm Send a message via Skype™ to wa8yxm

Yup, most weeks they give away something. May be something not important, like a hat or a T-Shirt, But I've gotten hardware 3 times ranging from a 25 dollar pass through plug in AC volt meter to a 225 dollar Microphone.

Oh, and then ICOM runs a sweeps as well, they give away "Swag" (T-Shirt, hat, Bumper Stickers, Band Plan poster) every week, and Radios once a month. The show will explain how to enter.

Sometimes the show has some decent info as well.

Oh, in additioon to Ham Nation.. George is a founder of Amateurlogic.tv and episode 88 was just released That too can be an interesting show.

This post brought to you via an idea I got off ALTV episode 3 (Long Range Wi-Fi)
I trusted Linkxyx engineers on the antenna though, Did not modify as George did.
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote