Open Roads Radio forum for Ham, Amateur Radio and RV camping


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 11-24-2013, 07:26 AM   #11
N3LYT
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 702
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NN5I View Post
I actually did that once (unintentionally) with a can of Campbell's chicken-with-rice soup. The explosion was very violent and destroyed the stovetop and the oven which was on the opposite side of the kitchen; made shrapnel out of a cookpot; damaged the wall and ceiling; and even damaged walls and furniture in another room. It was very expensive.

The stovetop was a gas rangetop. The explosion blew the flame out and damaged the pipe and valves so the gas could not be turned off at the burner. I had to run outside and turn it off at the meter.

I was a couple rooms away when it went off, which was very lucky; I'm sure it could easily have killed me.

Don't do that.
My wife was doing hard boiled eggs and decided to go to the post office unfortunately she forgot about the eggs. When she got home both dogs were cowering in the furriest corner of the house there were eggs shells in the living room we had to repaint the ceiling in the kitchen and the house stank of exploded eggs for weeks.
N3LYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.