Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Open Roads Radio forum for Ham, Amateur Radio and RV camping

Old 06-12-2015, 03:12 PM   #1
electricflyer

Default 2nd stop on the way to Magnolia, TX

The second stop was at Roosevelt State Park near Morton, MS. Just off I-20 about 25 miles east of Jackson, MS. Another hilly terrain with a lake located next to a National Forest. It also had full hookup but no cable. OTA reception was fairly good being close to Jackson. I had a backin site which was on my blind side to back in. Concrete level pad. There was no patio area next to the pad but there was a picnic table at the rear. It took a couple attempts to get on the pad because the road was narrow and washed out along the edges so I had to keep the front wheels on the road. Another nice quiet place, don't know if I would stop there again because it was not on my regular route. I went this way so I could take the Natchez Trace from Jackson down to Natchez. I have traveled the Natchez Trace from Jackson to Corinth several years ago. The nice thing about the Trace is the slow pace 45-50mph speed limit and no commercial traffic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010013.jpg (118.8 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg P1010015.jpg (108.9 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg P1010018.jpg (103.3 KB, 8 views)
electricflyer is offline   Reply With Quote