Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Open Roads Radio forum for Ham, Amateur Radio and RV camping

Field Day 2014
June 28 - 29 FD Station (1E-SJV) set up in my backyard on emergency power which was two 35AH SLA batteries. One on solar power trickle charge while operating with the other. Swap as needed. People in pix are my wife's caregiver (Sandra), brother Danny and ME!
23small More Night OPs DSCN3399 - As the night progressed I continued operations listening to the distant stations drift in over the ether.  Night...
18small Night OPs DSCN3394 - After some quality dinner time and TV time with XYL Darlene, I head back out into the wilds of the backyard to enjoy...
17small Gets Lights Ready For Night OPs DSCN3393 - As evening approached I get the battery powered night lights out and ready.
15small Making Qs And UTC GMT Clock DSCN3391 - Finally we are on the air making FD Qs as I explain UTC to brother Danny (Notice the UTC clock :-)
14small Bill Danny Sandra Backyard Field Day DSCN3390 - Then brother Danny shows up to help with the last of the Power Pole connections and splices...
13small Solar Panel For 35AH Batteries DSCN3389 - Then Sandra helps me get the small solar panel for the 35AH batteries up onto the canopy roof.
11small Ice Down The Beer DSCN3387 - Then the essentials needed chilling down before proceeding with the rest of the station assembly!
10small Advertising Bill Sandra DSCN3386 - Then we added a vinyl banner that I made at eSigns to provide a bit of station "advertising" :-)
02small Empty Backyard DSCN3378 - Backyard before installing station
04small Canopy & Chairs DSCN3380 - Up goes the canopy
08small Canopy Chairs Table Sandra Sparkle DSCN3384 - My wife's caregiver Sandra comes by to help with initial backyard set up (Thank you Sandra!)
01small First Things First DSCN3377 - Turn OFF the sprinklers in the backyard before erecting FD station!!