PDA

View Full Version : Who's Going to Dayton

Richard Stouffer
12-11-2007, 04:44 AM
Who’s going to Dayton next spring and where are you staying?

I went this year and stayed at the Thousand Trails in Wilmington. It's about 30 miles southeast of Dayton.

I went last May for the first time- it was a great experience. The only problem was that my resistance to temptation is rather low and I spent way too much money on toys. I'm not sure if I'll get there next year, but my XYL has assured me that my wallet and credit cards are staying home if I do go.

N7OQ
12-11-2007, 07:22 PM
I really want to go someday but not sure I will make it next year....but someday

Radio
12-11-2007, 07:31 PM
Been a ham since 1981 and I've never been to Dayton. :music:

I'm saving for a new 5th wheel, and when I get to Dayton, it will be in style!

Radio

jagco
12-11-2007, 07:53 PM
I've been a ham since 1986 and have also never been to Dayton. Maybe some day for me, too.

There is a rather large hamfest, in January, not terribly far from me. I will be going to that and XYL is going with me. Kills two birds with one stone. She keeps me from spending too much, and being there may get her more interested in ham radio.

KB5LJE
12-11-2007, 08:14 PM
Never Been but may have to try it this year

Maybe an ORR meet at Dayton?

hmmm that would be fun

Richard Stouffer
12-11-2007, 08:34 PM
May was my first trip and I was like a kid in a candy store. I'm going agian next year if at all possible.

As I said in my first post, I stayed in Wilmington, but the Dayton Tall Timbers Resort, KOA in Brookville has organized activiey for Ham campers that weekend.

Perhaps I'll see some of you guys there.

kd8wdave
01-27-2008, 11:20 AM
I go every year as part of our radio club. If you get there, be sure to drop by the 'Dial Radio Club' area and say hi to KD8W. We have a repeater up there during the event. Its 147.315 , 100 hz tone.