PDA

View Full Version : Ham Radio Delux 5.1 release

W9WLS
02-10-2012, 05:48 AM
HRD V5.1 has been released, below is the link.
http://www.hrdsoftwarellc.com/setuphrd51.exe
53 meg D/L (not good for dial-up)

wa8yxm
02-10-2012, 08:34 AM
Just out of coursity (I'm on limited bandwith for the next 2 days) wha't been updated in 5.1 over 5.0... (Might not make much difference, or might make major difference)

W9WLS
02-10-2012, 01:26 PM
Can't really tell you what the difference is John.
I found the link, D/L'ed the new version and haven t even installed it as yet.
I do not use HRD myself , one of those things about having all the egg's in one basket.
Maybe someone else has an answer.

73, John

WD8QBQ
02-12-2012, 11:40 AM
I think the bottom line is now that the Co. was sold the new owner has debugged and upgraded the product according to him. I saw a $$ at the display booth at Hamcation and many listening to the talk and then walking away. I may be wrong. I did not look and listen.

JIM:bag:

W9WLS
02-12-2012, 12:38 PM
Now have an older version running on one puter and the new version on another, neither is connected to a radio except for the digital interface (signal link USB).
I can see no difference between the two at this point.

I must say that I do like the DM-780 software, BUT do not like having to run the whole package just to get to it.

Best I can tell for now, and no I do not intend to further interface to my equipment (that EGG thing again).

WD8QBQ
02-14-2012, 10:02 AM
It appears I was wrong, there is still a free online download and a ?better pay version.

Kinda sounds like those virus protection programs.

JIM:worthy:

wa8yxm
02-14-2012, 01:20 PM
Installed it about an hour ago, Made my first contact with the "New" DM-780 a few minutes ago, Don't see any difference (But hopefully I would not epically on this computer) It worked.

On he HRD forms there are complaints about new bugs but then not everyone has read Murphy's Laws for programmers.

1: There is always another bug
2: Fixing one bug will reveal 3 (or more) additional ones
4: It's not a bug, it is an undocumented feature.

WD8QBQ
02-14-2012, 05:34 PM
Installed it about an hour ago, Made my first contact with the "New" DM-780 a few minutes ago, Don't see any difference (But hopefully I would not epically on this computer) It worked.

On he HRD forms there are complaints about new bugs but then not everyone has read Murphy's Laws for programmers.

1: There is always another bug
2: Fixing one bug will reveal 3 (or more) additional ones
4: It's not a bug, it is an undocumented feature.

adding to that, 5: if it was free, you got everything you paid for. :whistle:

W9WLS
02-15-2012, 06:37 AM
Heres the link to the HRD 5.1 forum if anyone is interested.

http://forums.hrdsoftwarellc.com/forumdisplay.php?147-HRD-5-1

KF5BET
02-16-2012, 09:18 PM
I have downloaded it to a flash drive but have not installed it yet. I went ahead and downloaded before it becomes a paid program.