PDA

View Full Version : Oxymoron of The Day

Radio
03-18-2012, 01:26 PM
Oxymoron of The Day: AT&T Internet Customer Support

The DSL Internet connection at my mothers house has gone a bit flaky. AT&T tweaked the line and then suggested we might need a new modem. So they sent us a new modem.

The problem is, they can't seem to send me a DSL modem matched up with a power supply intended for that modem. They sent me a 12 volt AC power supply, and when that didn't work, they sent me a 10 volt DC power supply. One power supply ate the modem, and then the modem ate the other supply.

:oops:

ME: "This new modem is a Westell 6200. Do you know what the power requirement for this modem is?"

THEM: "We are AT&T Tech support and as such we do not have that information. But the Netgear power supply we sent you is the correct power supply for the Westell modem."

:wall:

KF5BET
03-18-2012, 02:02 PM
ahem....Just my 2 cents worth, but you said a mouthful in the first line...."AT&T"....

wa8yxm
03-20-2012, 10:02 AM
Gee, when they sent me my new modem, they sent a power supply that matched with it.

Actually I thought you were going to list a political campaign when you said Oxymoron, However rather than get political here.. I won't mention which one.