PDA

View Full Version : Travelling for Christmas

Richard Stouffer
12-12-2007, 09:53 AM
How many of you are traveling over the holidays and to where?

We are going to Houston on the 18th for a basketball game and then head to Florida on the 19th. We will stay at the Thousand Trails south of Clermont on US 27.

I hope I'm in the forested part so I can do some experimenting with wire antennas up in the trees. I'll need all the help I can get to make any sort of decent contacts with my little bitty 7000 barefoot.

N5IIG
12-12-2007, 03:49 PM
Looks like we will be staying home for the holidays. The daughter lives in Kansas and going up there is NOT happening and our son lives in Seabrook TX near Houston. He is going to be coming home for some of Mom's cooking since he is single. We stay in Marina Bay RV Resort in Kemah when we go down there for a few days.

Richard you and yours have a Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and above all travel safe...................Jim

N7OQ
12-12-2007, 06:44 PM
We are staying home for Christmas but heading to the lake on Friday before New Years and will camp until Yew Years day, sure hope it rains, I love to camp in the rain.

W6DCS
12-13-2007, 12:09 AM
We are staying home, but have the rest of the family traveling from as far as Alaska to be here. We try and rotate every year to share the fun of setting things up for everyone, and of course making sure we are stocked up.

Richard Stouffer
12-13-2007, 05:36 AM
w6dcs, have you ever RV'ed to/in alaska? If you have, I would sure like to here about your experiences, especially if you were hamming while on the road.

Have a great holiday.

W6DCS
12-13-2007, 10:09 AM
I haven't gone yet, my parents are going to head up to Alaska next summer. A trip my Dad has always wanted to do. After hearing about the condition of the highway, he decided not to take their 5'er Jayco Designer up, and went out and purchased a new to them 18' travel trailer. I guess the highways is passable, but there are more rough spots than smooth ones. I am hoping to make the trip one day.

jagco
12-13-2007, 10:10 AM
We will be headed down near Sikeston, MO (about 2.5 hours away), but not on actual Christmas day. Haven't figured out what day :)

_L7
12-27-2007, 04:20 PM
We will be home for xmas but are on "baby watch" for the first of the year. (Scary thougtht...becoming a grand parent). :eek:

When the time comes, if weather allows (getting out of here with snow is not going to happen in the MH), we will head to southern Ca for a week or two to see the kids and new grand baby!