PDA

View Full Version : Where have you been all week?

Radio
04-21-2012, 03:36 PM
The forum has been really quiet. I guess we have all been busy.

Sweet Wife is a music teacher and her school spring concert was this week and I as the official husband of course get roped into that. :whistle:

So that's where I have been. And you?

One Country Boy
04-21-2012, 03:38 PM
Usually when the wx is so nice, it's not unusual for us to get busy with outside activities. DST is back also so I guess more daylight to get out for activities. I don't have an excuse.:waggle:

NN5I
04-21-2012, 05:45 PM
Where've I been? Rat cheer.

KF5BET
04-21-2012, 11:27 PM
Wife and daughter's birthdays were this past week.... enough said.

wa8yxm
04-22-2012, 10:43 AM
Well, I spend 8 days in the Blue Hron campground (part of the big south fork National River Recreation Area) which is a Federal parks park, and no wi-fi and no coverage on Virgin Mobile (my air card) No T-mobile either but for voice I roamed to AT&T.

Wed we left, spent the night at a Flying J and ploughed through a weeks + Worth of E-mail. Thu night at a lowes (They offere free Wi-Fi now too) and finally Friday here at the park where the manager says I can't get WI-Fi "on site" must go to wi-fi center.. Modified Linksys WGA-54G says "Yes you can get Wi-Fi on site, just barely but the connection is solid so long as my wall wart works"

Yes, good thing I have spare wall warts.

Andy N1ORK
04-22-2012, 05:31 PM
Got to camp in NH Sat. @ 1600. Opened up the park model, all in working order from last winter and no critters to contend with. Rainy, shopping day today, will need to get my Dipole up tomorrow, hope all goes well and I can get on the air soon.

One Country Boy
04-23-2012, 09:12 AM
Jim (WA8YXM), where are you now? I hate it when I don't have wifi or some sort of outlet for the laptop. Bummer.

Andy, sounds as though things are going smooth. I like the part about "no critters". Hi Hi.... Maybe we can hook up on HF while you are up there this summer.

Take care guys and gals.

Andy N1ORK
04-24-2012, 05:12 AM
Sounds good Jim. I'll use Twitter or FB to announce my HF activity when I get back to NH (going back to CT this AM).

radiow6lar
04-25-2012, 08:40 PM
Getting the rig ready for a Florida Trip starting next Tuesday! I'm ready but DW is not quite there yet.

One Country Boy
04-26-2012, 05:14 AM
Larry, I hope you and Helen have a good trip down to our state. Where will you be staying?

radiow6lar
04-28-2012, 01:03 PM
Jim, we are headed to Destin where we will stay a week with son and new daughter-in-law(to be). I will perform their wedding on the beach on the 17th. Then we are off to Wimauma to visit DW;s sister and family. After that we will probably head up the east coast and end up in western New York State where the DW grew up. So its going to be quite a trip for us. And then we may just head back home. It just depends on conditions.