PDA

View Full Version : Got to start somewhere

KB5LJE
12-14-2007, 08:54 PM
Back in 04 I had everthing I could ever want for my radio hobby. Then I lost my job.

So with the support of this site and Radio asking me to help with this site I have caught the bug again. the FCC/arrl thread really caught me.

So I will have my old reliable cant see cool blue kenwood in the garage as always because imo thats about all its good for. Cant see the display but it works on the 146.910 machine

I ordered a new v-8000 tonight and new diamond antenna for the house.

In 04 I had much more but hey had to pay the house note. and now I am starting over.

Merry Christmas to me!

Thanks to all of you for being a part of this site and lighting the fire under my butt!

Mike

W6DCS
12-14-2007, 09:01 PM
Nice gift, and you got exactly what you wanted.

Radio
12-15-2007, 06:39 AM
Oh, and I guess you'll want to work 40 meters, which means I have got to crank the tower down, lay it over, and fix my broadband dipole.

Half of it is on the tower, the other half is rolled up in the garage, thanks to a really rough thunderstorm we had a while back.

Oh, OK. At least it won't cost a lot of money. :rolleyes:

Radio

N7OQ
12-15-2007, 11:57 AM
Glad to see you are getting right back into it Mike. I know how it feel to loose a job 2 years ago the Kodak lab I worked for in Sacramento closed (digital cameras took over to fast) and I was on the street looking for a job. I was lucky the XYL still had a job and I had my AF retirement but still it makes a huge lifestyle change. My hobbies all went on hold until I could get another job.

I also go in and out of this hobby in cycles, I will sell off all but the most essential equipment but latter I get interested again and buy more equipment. Kinda like the Sun spot cycle. Right now I'm in the get back into it cycle.

jagco
12-15-2007, 12:31 PM
I'm also in the get back into it cycle. My radios were eliminated by a lightning strike and I'm on disability, so things are coming along slowly. I just negotiated a trade, the other day, for a TS-680S. I'm getting it for some old rifles. I do have 2M and 440, now, but will then be able to get back on HF.

Anyway, glad you are getting back into it, too.