PDA

View Full Version : Darwin

Radio
08-15-2012, 06:50 PM
Sometimes it's hard to argue with the obvious...

TXiceman
08-15-2012, 09:27 PM
How true....
but some are more serendipitous than others.

Ken

NN5I
08-15-2012, 10:37 PM
Opinions differ, but this forum is surely a poorly chosen place for religious advocacy or religious debate.

W5DOK
08-16-2012, 10:25 AM
But, for those with a sense of humor, it's perfect.

wa8yxm
08-16-2012, 10:36 AM
Well.. Speaking as a member of the church Choir and someone who believes strongly in religion: It did nothing for me, (And did not upset me in the lease) thus I'd have to say from a religious standpoint. That was not worth the time it took me to type this.

Speaking as someone who likes a good joke, EVEN if it is about the church (And trust me there are many good jokes about the church) it still did nothing for me.

So Had it not been for the comments about discussion of religion here (And you will note that since the original post did nothing for me I'm not making any religious comment about it) I would not have reached for the keyboard.

Now commenting on the original post...

I'm not sure the pencil is more complex than the penny.

Radio
08-16-2012, 05:22 PM
Well guys, I thought it was funnier than the one about pink elephants, and humor was the only intent. That's why it's in the Funnies forum.

It would in fact be out of place anywhere else on ORR.net.

wa8yxm
08-17-2012, 10:35 AM
I am still not sure the penny is more simple than the pencil.

Hey, over all the thread is funny. and that is what this section is about.

Some folks just get a bit.. er, Touchy when it comes to matters religious and some of those see religion in ... EVERYTHING. so....

My theory on religion: Any religious person who can't take a joke has got it wrong.

GOD is the God of humor.

The lord of no humor.. is thus the other guy.. You know, the one with horns.. Now he can't take a joke.

NN5I
08-17-2012, 05:10 PM
I wasn't offended by it; but I was sure as can be that someone would be. That's why I thought it was -- let us say -- incautious to post it here. I have a rather strong set of opinions on science vs creationism, but I sure ain't stating them here.

TXiceman
08-17-2012, 05:41 PM
I never even looked at in a religious sense.

Ken

wa8yxm
08-18-2012, 11:18 AM
I wasn't offended by it; but I was sure as can be that someone would be. That's why I thought it was -- let us say -- incautious to post it here. I have a rather strong set of opinions on science vs creationism, but I sure ain't stating them here.

Well NN5I.. I have known people who are offended if you say "Good Morning" so when you say something will offend someone, You are 100% correct.

Other folks follow the policy of "Do not be too easily offended".. They generally have a lot more fun in life.

And I'm not kidding about that Good Morning statement, I actually had someone get offended and snap back "What's good about it?!?"

(Well, for one thing, When she arrived for me it was QUITTING TIME so that was good, right).

NN5I
08-18-2012, 11:58 AM
... about that Good Morning statement, I actually had someone get offended and snap back "What's good about it?!?"

I once asked someone "How's it going?" and got an annoyed response: "What's it to ya?"

W5DOK
08-18-2012, 01:42 PM
Our society has gotten so "politically correct" that everything you say has to carefully weighed so as not to offend someone. I, for one, really don't adhere to the PC way of thinking. If I say something that offends someone, they have the option of removing themselves from my presence, or in the case of internet postings, to hit the off button. If more people would express their honest opinion, to my way of thinking, it would certainly be a better society. But that's just my opinion, and we all know about opinions.:D

NN5I
08-18-2012, 04:50 PM
But that's just my opinion, and we all know about opinions.:D

No; it's not just your opinion. It's my opinion too. I often wonder where so many got the wacky notion that there's a constitutional right not to have one's feelings hurt.