PDA

View Full Version : what did you give?

Radio
12-30-2012, 07:10 PM
At our house sweet wife got a sewing machine, my grown kids got framed photographs that I had made.

they all pitched in and got me a kindle fire.

So what did you give for Christmas?

NN5I
12-30-2012, 07:24 PM
Quilting magazines. An old friend, to whom I used to be married long ago, is an accomplished quilter (besides being entitled to be adddressed as "Doctor Hayes"). I sent her a big box with current issues of twenty-three different quilting magazines from four countries, and she was pleased.

N3LYT
12-31-2012, 09:31 AM
A new kitchen. Me I got a lump of coal.

TXiceman
12-31-2012, 12:45 PM
I did not get even a lump of coal. Nope I got a new Lenovo, i5 laptop to replace the aging HP.

Wife got cash to spend as she wishes...makes her the happiest.

Ken

NN5I
12-31-2012, 02:44 PM
Wife got cash to spend as she wishes...nakes her the happiest.

Reminds me of the guy who complained that his wife was always asking for money. "Twenty-five years we've been married, and she whines for money every day."

"What does she do with it all?" I asked.

"Dunno," he replied. "I never gave her any, so far."

W5DOK
12-31-2012, 04:10 PM
Made a deal with the wife many years ago that she would buy her gift for Christmas and i would buy mine. Works great. I always get what I want (can afford) and she gets what she wants(whether can afford or not) Makes the rest of gift giving easy. The kids always want money and the grandkids are too young to care, just as long as they get gifts. Sure do miss those Christmases of yesteryear when Christmas really meant something special.

Radio
01-01-2013, 10:03 AM
A new kitchen. Me I got a lump of coal.

What? She didn't like the kitchen?

N3LYT
01-01-2013, 07:27 PM
What? She didn't like the kitchen?

She felt a little better after she got the new kitchen so I ended up with a kiss.