PDA

View Full Version : Ain't Getting What I Want for Christmas, YET

Richard Stouffer
12-22-2007, 06:47 AM
Well so far I haven't been able to get the antenna up because XYL has all these things that must get done before the big day. I did catch a break yesterday when she went off with her sister. Went to the basement to get the mast and found a pretty good quantity of water under the RV. It was a crack in the water pump and it took the rest of the afternoon to resolve the problem.

Maybe I can fake a belly ache today and seek a pass from shopping. I understand that doing that could get me on Santa's naughty list, but hey, it's worth the risk if I can get the rig on the air or stuff some more components on the QRP kit board- right?

Anybody else in the Orlando area right now? Maybe we can practice semaphore.

N7OQ
12-22-2007, 10:33 AM
Hi Richard, I feel for you my friend:) We are having the family at our house on Christmas eve and the XYL is keeping me very busy and it is hard to find any time to play:( But I can stay up later than her and get a little radio time in then, 2 problems with that, first 20 meters is kinda of dead at night and the wife thinks I should get up the same time as her. Sorry to here about the water pipe but glad you found it before it became a worse problem.

Have a great Christmas and I hope you get some radio time too and hope the Kit is going well.

jagco
12-22-2007, 12:11 PM
I can relate. I imagine my antenna work won't get done until after the first of the year. Even when I have time, I'm not able to do it myself. Everybody being busy, this time of year, just holds things off.

Merry Christmas to you, and everyone on here.

Radio
12-22-2007, 12:49 PM
Yeah, I have half of one of those B&W folded dipoles that I use for 160 - 40. The other half is rolled up in the garage, thanks to some rather windy weather we had a while back.

Besides, it's bad luck to work on antennas when the temp is above freezing.

Radio