PDA

View Full Version : Email account full scam

Radio
01-31-2013, 06:00 PM
Here's a scam going around, and it's not even well done. They do steal logo art from your provider, but it's pretty lame stuff. I guess they are into ID theft or are looking to hijack email accounts or may be into malware.

Pass on to your less than savvy friends...

Dear Customer

Your E-mail account has exceeded its limit and needs to be verified, if not verified within 24hours, we shall suspend your account. Click Here to verify your email account now

Thanks,
AT&T.

Thank You for Being A Loyal Yahoo! Mail User

In the original, mouse over "here" shows a bogus URL.

:waggle:

wa8yxm
02-01-2013, 09:31 AM
Does not work with me.. Too paranoid and I already know by the time I read the scam mail just exactly HOW many messages are on the Host server.

Kind of like the old.. Well, technically it is a scam.. Physic scam of telling you how much money is in your pocket.

Yes I can tell you EXACTLY how much money is in your pocket (And I will too) Though I'll do it for free the standard scam is to bet all the money in MY pocket against all the money in yours.

First, to be sure you know exactly how much moeny you have, Take it all out, count it and put it on the counter, cover it with your hands so I can not see it (I promise I won't peek while you are counting)

Ok, all done.. Great... There is NO money in your pocket, it's all on the counter under your hand.. now, Hand it over.

Radio
02-01-2013, 10:28 AM
Then there's the one that goes "I have more money in my pocket than you do" and then a wager is made.

"I have 37 cents in MY pocket. You have no money in my pocket. Pay up"

:whistle: